Danbury, Connecticut Car Accident Attorney
Driving is governed by more than just laws. It’s also governed by respect and responsibility. When we can’t trust our fellow motorists to follow the rules and take precautions behind the wheel, serious car accidents may happen.
The trauma and financial strain of a car accident injury is painful and stressful, and can seem isolating. You need to know you are not alone. The attorneys at The Flood Law Firm have spent years helping Connecticut families get their lives back together after a crash.
- Compensation for Car Accident Injuries
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents in Danbury
- Common Injuries From an Auto Accident
- What To Do After A Danbury Car Accident
- Connecticut Car Accident & Insurance Laws
- Filing a Car Accident Lawsuit in Connecticut
We’re proud of our success securing compensation for victims of car accidents in Connecticut, and we’re always available to talk about how we can help you, too. Call us at 877-987-9LAW or contact us online for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.
Compensation for Car Accident Injuries
After a car accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation not only for your injuries, but for other debilitating factors as well. Following is a list of the different kinds of damages your car accident lawyer may pursue on your behalf.
- Medical Expenses – Medical expenses for your auto accident may include fees for ambulance and hospital care, rehabilitation, future medical expenses and more.
- Pain and Suffering – The emotional trauma that accompanies a car accident can be immense, and the pain suffered throughout the recovery process can only make it worse. Victims of car crashes often experience fear of driving, riding in a car, freeways or fear of larger vehicles, like semi-trucks, after an accident. Your auto accident lawyer can seek compensation for this emotional distress.
- Lost Wages – Injuries from a car accident can also affect your ability to work and provide for yourself or your family. You deserve to be compensated for the lost wages that occur after a car accident so that you can continue to support your current lifestyle.
- Loss of Earning Capacity – Unfortunately, some car accident injuries are so serious that they can cause indefinite or permanent disability, affecting your ability to work and earn a living in the future. Your car accident lawyer will work to determine your future costs of living in building the case for how much compensation you receive.
The Flood Law Firm has represented Connecticut residents in car accident cases for years, fighting insurance companies and pursuing nothing less than the maximum amount of compensation for clients.
Leading Causes of Car Accidents in Danbury
Drivers have a responsibility to be attentive on the road, and to follow laws designed to keep Danbury’s roads and highways safe. When drivers don’t live up to these responsibilities, every on the road is put at risk.
The most common reasons these tragedies occur in Danbury include:
Inattentive Driving. You are three times more likely to be in an accident when your vision is distracted. Inattentive driving is the leading cause of car accidents in the country. Whether it’s a cell phone, a GPS device, food, makeup or even reading a map, it only takes a split-second for distracted drivers to cause a car crash.
Speeding. At higher speeds, we have less reaction time on the road. When faced with unexpected situations, this can prove catastrophic. As a driver’s speed increases, so do the likelihood of an accident and the severity of the damage.
Driving Under the Influence. It goes without saying that drunk driving is inexcusable. The impaired judgment of drunk drivers can lead to horrible wrecks that drastically affect your life. If you’ve been hit by a drunk driver, they should be held accountable and made to pay for the trauma and suffering you’ve experienced.
Reckless Driving. Running red lights or stop signs, tailgating and aggressive lane changing are dangerous behaviors that put everyone on the road at risk. These drivers refuse to take the safety of others into account, and you should not have to suffer the consequences.
Common Injuries From an Auto Accident
Each year, thousands of Connecticut residents are injured in auto accidents caused by dangerous driving habits. These injuries can prevent you from working and require months or even years of recovery. For more severe injuries, a full recovery may not be possible. If you or someone you love has been in a car accident, you may have suffered:
- Broken bones
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Brain damage
- Internal injuries
The physical and emotional pain of your ordeal and the intimidating costs of medical treatment make dealing with car accidents a nightmare. You should seek compensation for the cost of your injuries and the terrible strain they put on your life. An attorney can help you do that.
What To Do After A Danbury Car Accident
The first thing you should do after a serious auto accident is seek immediate medical attention. However, if you are able, there are a few steps you can take that will benefit your case in the ensuing months.
- Call 911. Even if no one is seriously hurt, having a police record of the accident will help with your insurance claim.
- Take photographs. Picture evidence of your injuries, damage to your car and any other contributing factors to the accident could be vital in proving your claim.
- Collect contact information. Take the name, address, phone number and vehicle information of every person involved in the crash. Ask for contact info of any witnesses as well. Their testimony could provide key evidence that helps your attorney pursue your claim.
- Report the accident. Your insurance company should be notified of the car crash as soon as possible. However, do not admit any fault in the accident and do not provide an official statement without speaking to a car accident lawyer
Connecticut Car Accident & Insurance Laws
All Connecticut drivers are required to carry liability insurance in case of an accident. If you are injured in a crash, there’s likely no getting around dealing with insurance companies.
Connecticut law is intended to help victims get back on track when they are injured in a crash through no fault of their own. You have the right to hire a lawyer and bring a case seeking compensation for what has happened to you. Your attorney will deal with insurance companies on your behalf.
When you hire the attorneys at The Flood Law Firm, we will ensure that your claim is filed in a thorough and timely manner in pursuit of damages for:
- Medical care for injuries
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Diminished quality of life
- Ambulance rides and any transportation to and from medical facilities
Filing a Car Accident Lawsuit in Connecticut
The law makes it your right to pursue damages against drivers responsible for your accident. Having an attorney who has experience dealing with the claim process will help immensely in pursuing the compensation you need.
Even car accidents in which you are clearly not at fault are subject to scrutiny from insurers, whose job it is to low-ball you and pay out the lowest amount possible. Insurance companies are businesses, and they thrive on saving money – not on handing it out. They will attempt to reach an unfair settlement that is nowhere near what you are really owed.
This process can be overwhelming without the right help. Speak to a car accident lawyer before accepting any offers from insurance companies, signing anything or making official statements about the car crash.
Get a Connecticut Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been seriously hurt in a car accident, it’s important that you have an attorney who knows how to fight for you. The car accident lawyers at The Flood Law Firm have represented Connecticut residents for years against drivers who cause injuries and vehicle damage with their negligence. We have successfully won substantial compensation for people across Connecticut.