Kelly A. Fitzpatrick
For her entire career, Kelly A. Fitzpatrick has represented the interests of individuals who were harmed by pharmaceutical drugs and medical devices. She has also litigated medical malpractice, nursing home and other personal injury cases on behalf of people and their families.
Personal Injury Lawyer
Kelly believes that vindicating the rights of people is doubly rewarding because, in addition to obtaining financial compensation for her clients, Kelly’s advocacy benefits everyone by encouraging and enforcing social responsibility. Kelly believes that the best way to handle her cases is to work cooperatively with her clients. Her success strategy is to listen carefully to her clients, identify the personal challenges and legal issues involved, and work together to arrive at a solution.
On June 15, 2016, U.S. District Judge Richard Seeborg appointed Kelly to serve on the Plaintiff’s Steering Committee in the Viagra (Sildenafil Citrate) and Cialis (Taldalafil) Products Liability Litigation (MDL 2691).
Personal Injury Representative in Connecticut
Kelly was recognized by Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” in 2016, 2017 and 2018 and was honored by the Connecticut Law Tribune as one of the “New Leaders in the Law” in 2017.
- In re Yasmin and YAZ (Drospirenone) Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2100;
- In re Actos (Pioglitazone) Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2299;
- In re Zoloft (Sertraline Hydrochloride) Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2342;
- In re Fresenius Granuflo/Naturalyte Dialysate Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2428;
- In re Mirena IUD Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2434;
- In re C. R. Bard, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2187;
- In re Boston Scientific Corp. Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2326;
- In re American Medical Systems, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2325;
- In re Ethicon, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2327;
- In re Fosamax Products Liability Litigation, MDL 1789;
- In re Reglan Litigation; and Advanced Medical Optics Complete MoisturePlus Litigation;
- In re Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) Product Liability Litigation, MDL 2592;
- In re Zofran (Ondansetron) Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2657;
- In re Viagra (Sildenafil Citrate) Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2691;
- In re Pradaxa Product Liability Litigation, Connecticut Superior Court (Hartford);
- In re Opiate Prescription Litigation, Connecticut Superior Court (Hartford)
Work in the Community
Kelly participates in fundraising activities for the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. She recently ran the New York City Marathon with Team Boomer, which is part of the Boomer Esiason Foundation’s effort to support cystic fibrosis research.
- J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law
- B.A., Fairfield University
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- “How to Avoid Resorting to Your Bench: Choosing the Right Quarterback for Your Team in a Class Action,” 2015, Class Action Litigation Newsletter
- “Despite Serious Concerns About Xarelto Safety, Sales Continue to Rise,” 2015, The Legal Examiner
- “The Hague Convention: Navigating the Challenging Waters of Foreign Service,” 2012, American Association of Justice Sidebar Magazine
Kelly grew up in Connecticut and lives in Oxford with her husband and daughter. She enjoys spending time with her family, running, and watching UConn basketball.