You may be looking for a personal injury attorney in Danbury for a variety of reasons. Whether you were hurt in a car accident, by a slip and fall or lost a loved one because of another’s negligence, The Flood Law Firm is one of Danbury’s top law firms and is ready to hear your side of the story. Call us at (877) 987-9529 for a complimentary case review today!
Law Firm Address
The Flood Law Firm in Danbury is located at 62 North St., Danbury, CT 06810. We look forward to meeting you here during your free consultation or at one of our other Connecticut locations.
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A COMPLIMENTARY CASE REVIEW
Danbury Law Firm Reviews
What can I expect if I file a personal injury lawsuit in Danbury, CT?
- Get a free consultation today. Call us at (877) 987-9529 or by using this contact form. We’ll ask a few simple questions about what happened and hear your story. Ask any question and all information is kept 100% confidential.
- Hire your attorney. We will review a “Retainer Agreement” with you, which makes you an official client and outlines our commitment to you. There is no upfront cost and we will only collect a fee if we secure compensation for you.
- We notify the other party’s insurance company. This is done with what is called a “Letter of Representation,” and simply lets the other driver’s insurance company know that an attorney is representing you.
- We build your case. Next, we will begin gathering necessary info to build your case, including your medical records, bills, and photos of your injuries. We can also put you in touch with top-rated medical help in Danbury.
- We handle all the phone calls. Your attorney will take over any phone calls or communication with debt collectors or creditors who may be harassing you for payment. We’ll also field calls from the other driver’s insurance company.
- We file a lawsuit. This is the formal request for what you are entitled to as compensation for your losses. This often prompts the other party to settle your claim.
- We negotiate a settlement or take your case to trial. We will aggressively negotiate fair compensation for your injuries. If the other party is unwilling to agree on this number, your attorney will file a lawsuit.
- We resolve your case. Whether by settlement or trial if necessary, your attorney will pursue the other party until you are justly compensated for your injuries and the case has been resolved.
What percentage do lawyers take for a personal injury lawsuit?
This will vary between law firms. Unfortunately, many people think they won’t be able to afford an attorney on top of the mounting expenses that come after an injury. However, there are zero out-of-pocket fees for filing a personal injury claim at The Flood Law Firm. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you only pay a fee if we are successful in winning a recovery on your behalf. The thousands spent on investigations, court appearances, filing fees, expert witnesses and anything else related to your case are at no cost to you unless compensation is secured for your case.
Most law firms do not openly discuss their fees, though we understand this is top of mind for many people. At The Flood Law Firm, our fee is typically 33% of the recovery amount up to $300,000. For amounts above $300,000, our fees reduce on a sliding scale and continue to decrease as the verdict or settlement amount increases.
Do you have questions about how the recovery and payment process works? We welcome your inquiries! Please contact us anytime at no cost or obligation by calling 860.346.2695.
How do I find a personal injury lawyer in Danbury?
There are more than a few ways to find the right lawyer for your case. Here are our best tips on what to keep in mind as you search for your attorney:
- Choose a lawyer with trial experience. Not all lawyers have courtroom experience, and your case may or may not go to trial. If it does, be sure your lawyer has a successful track record for your particular case type.
- Hire a lawyer who practices the type of law you need. Not all lawyers are equally equipped, and yours should be able to show you past examples of successful outcomes for the same type of case as yours. If you hire a lawyer who normally represents insurance companies, for example, there may be unintentional bias and the results might not end in your favor.
- Meet your lawyer in person. Make sure that you not only discuss your potential claim before deciding on a lawyer but meet him or her in person.
- Find a lawyer you’re comfortable with. Your case could take months, or in certain cases, even years to resolve. Be sure to choose a lawyer you feel confident about working with. Go with your gut. At The Flood Law Firm, many of our clients become close friends long after we have resolved their cases. They remain a part of our growing law firm family.
- Friend or family referral tips. You may hear of a lawyer through someone you know. In this case, make sure the lawyer handles the same case type (personal injury) and check for yourself if the lawyer is right for you, rather than taking another person’s word for it.
- Ask a lawyer you know. If you’ve used a lawyer in the past, their experience may not be a good fit for this new case. Having a previous connection to a lawyer does not guarantee a favorable outcome. Ask the lawyer to refer your case to the right law firm.
How do I talk to a personal injury lawyer?
Your first meeting with a lawyer will most likely be a free consultation, preferably in person. How do you prepare? First, there’s no need to be intimidated. Your lawyer understands that you didn’t go to law school and won’t speak to you in legal jargon. Here are tips to prepare when you’re meeting with a lawyer for the first time:
- Be honest. This may be the single most important factor. During your time, your lawyer will be trying to determine whether you have a case, and the only way to do that is with the facts. While it’s normal to want to gloss over our mistakes as humans, lying to your lawyer ruins your credibility. Let him or her help you by being as transparent as possible.
- Come prepared with details. In order to determine whether you have a case, your lawyer will need as much factual evidence as possible. This includes the timeline of events, photos or medical documents for any injuries, all related medical bills, etc. It’s especially important to know the order in which the events happened.
- Focus on the facts. Your lawyer understands that you have suffered. However, your free initial consultation should be spent assessing the facts of your case, rather than using the time to process emotions. As much as you can, try to focus on providing your lawyer with details unclouded by your feelings. This will help you both know how to proceed.
- Ask questions. If you don’t know what a term means, don’t nod your head as if you do. Now is the time to clarify anything you don’t understand, and know that it’s okay to ask questions. Your lawyer is expecting you to have them. Plus, it’s free!
- Find the right fit. Meeting your lawyer is not a one-sided evaluation. Your lawyer is also looking to see if it will be a fruitful endeavor to pursue your case based on your time together. Both parties should be on the same page with this to ensure the best possible outcome.
What questions should I ask a personal injury lawyer?
It’s best to know what to look for when choosing a lawyer. Start with asking the questions below:
- How much experience do you have with this type of case?
- Are you prepared to take my case to trial if necessary?
- What is your success rate at trial?
- How much is my case worth?
- What potential challenges do you see with my case?
- Will I owe any fees if my case loses?
- Which attorney at your firm will be handling my case?
- How is your law firm different from others in the area?
- Do you provide client references?
Do I really need a lawyer for a personal injury claim?
You do not technically have to hire a lawyer. However, it is in your best interest to. The legal process can be daunting and time-consuming: submitting documents, finding quality medical care, communicating with the other driver’s insurance company and their lawyers are just a few tasks that can quickly become overwhelming. Unfortunately, insurance companies might also pressure you to settle quickly or deny your claim in full!
Did you know that studies show injured victims who hire a lawyer receive an average of 40% more for their claim than when not hiring a lawyer?
You may not imagine that a simple fender bender could turn into a lawsuit. But when the insurance company refuses to compensate you fairly or dismisses your claim altogether, you need an experienced attorney to fight on your behalf. Enlisting the help of an attorney releases the burden of a lawsuit into the hands of an experienced litigator. Our law firm will do all the work while your only job is to heal.
Still Have a Question?
We’d like to help. Give us a call at 877-987-9LAW today to talk to an attorney at The Flood Law Firm. We will make sure your questions are answered and that you understand your legal rights and options.
Trial Lawyers in Danbury, CT
We’re prepared to fight for you in court!
At The Flood Law Firm, we believe that fair and just compensation for your injuries doesn’t often come without a fight. When selecting a lawyer in Danbury, be sure your attorney has real trial experience and is prepared to stand up to difficult insurance companies. We settle the majority of our personal injury cases out of court, but make no mistake: we are ready to hold insurers accountable when they fail to provide our clients with the financial help they need to make a strong recovery.
Types of Cases We Accept in Danbury
The Flood Law Firm is proud to represent the injured in personal injury tort law. We can put our decades of tort law knowledge towards winning your case. Types of personal injury cases we handle include:
With 86% of Americans on our highways, you’re bound to be involved in at least one car crash in your lifetime. When another driver is responsible for your injuries, you have the right to seek justice for damages incurred.
We depend on prescription drugs to help us heal when we’re ill. Unfortunately, certain medications can cause more harm than good. Pharmaceutical companies that put their profits over the well-being of consumers should be held accountable.
Pet owners are often defensive when their dog attacks someone. Biting cases can be exceedingly sensitive because oftentimes the victim and the dog owner have an established relationship.
We depend on healthcare professionals to provide a high level of care. When that trust is violated, the results can be catastrophic and deadly. Medication errors, surgical errors and failure to diagnosis are common medical malpractice suits.
Property owners are required by law to keep visitors safe on their premises. If you are injured when visiting a property, you are in your full rights to seek damages in a premise liability claim.
A traumatic brain injury occurs when blunt force trauma strikes the head, causing the brain to knock against the skull. They can range in intensity from minor concussion to physical penetration through the skull. TBIs frequently occur in car accidents and assault, and can be caused by the negligence or malice of others.